Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Martians

        My friend, Lilly rang the doorbell early in the morning.  Ding, Ding , ding the doorbell rang.  I dragged myself out of bed and wearily opened the door.  My friend in a complete camouflage suit bombarded me with word.  "C'mon, pack your things we need to GO!!!!"  she said urgently.  "WHUU...," I answered still half asleep.  My friend dragged me into the house and bundled my clothes and necessities in a backpack and shouldered a sleeping bag on top.  "Let's go go go!" she said and pushed me out the door. 
       Because I just woke up and I was running in the hazy fog, I couldn't really think clearly.  However, once I did think clearly, I had a dozen questions in my head.  Where am I?  Why are we here?  Where's my family?   Why are we running?????  I thought with growing concern and confusion.  I pulled to a stop like a stubborn donkey and demanded to know where I was going and why.  My friend urged me to keep running and explained it while we ran.  "So... we are....no America is (huff)...was atta..cked by(huff) aliens....No one safe(huff)," she explained.  "Aliens?"  I asked giving her a skeptical look.  "Yes," she answered, "Trillions of them from Mars.  Look like humans...but are not.....Mostly adults.... I have to try to help save humankind.."   I gave her a concerned look as she fell to the ground.  A lone figure stepped out of the woods and before I could scream he had a gun pointed at my friend.
         My mouth froze from shock.  "THa thump THa thump,"  went my heart as fast as light itself.  My hands felt clammy and desperately grasped at thin air.  "Whu??"  I managed to squeak out.  The intruder was a boy about 19 with a  punk haircut and that ruthless look that made you want to cower in fear.  I flinched as the gun swiveled around to face me.  My friend pretended to still be sleeping but I could practically see the gears in her head turning.  She swept her feet at the boy and he fell hard.  I jumped out of my trance and wrestled for the gun.  The boy gave a thin piercing whistle and suddenly they were upon us.  I punched randomly and succumbed.  The last thing I remembered was complete darkness.
      Epilogue:  The martians grinned sickly to one another.  "Chop Chop," one said maiming three hundred people with the flick of a finger.  The other erupted with laughter.  "Next stop Venus!" it cackled, "We'll soon have the WHOLE GALAXY!!!"  

1 comment: